July 08, 2010

distorted reflection.

Will you ever see me the way I see you? 
I stay hidden behind that invisible wall I have put up and only come out after I have painted myself into the picture that I and others think I should be.

Wishing I could see myself through someone else eyes other than my own, Wishing I was good enough to call you mine and stare at your face from dusk to dawn. Eyes big and brown smiling in the mirror telling my thoughts that its "ok" and that I really don't stand alone. But do I? Is my reflection what others really see? Or are these thoughts just me over thinking? 


Someone will love you and your life will change someday soon is what they say. Do I believe them? Will I ever find the faith to believe? 


Uncomfortable in my own skin itching to set my soul free. If I could only jump into the pages of that Vogue magazine.


Keep standing tall, perfect skin, long slim legs to top it all, What happened to the rest of us, did we all break the mold? 


I'm sorry society I'm just not as perfect as you need me to be. Belittle me cause I wasn't born with the shape and face of a beauty queen. 


With my middle finger held up to any human who thinks they have the right to judge anybody else. I will keep my head high, I will stand tall I will not be a slave to your idiotic theories of who we should be at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me feedback.